Hello! My name is Monica and I am one of the skills trainers at Goodwill. My job here is to support and coach individuals who are working towards a goal of becoming community employed. The individuals I engage with are looking to develop necessary job skills needed to be successful in any given work setting. The thing I like most about this job is the variation in my day to day schedule. Every day is a literal new day with unexpected surprises, challenges and opportunities.
What is something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t got around to it?
- Skydiving, I am a huge advocate of pushing myself past my comfort zone and skydiving definitely takes the cake!
What has been your favorite vacation?
- During my first year of college I had the wonderful opportunity of traveling to London and Paris for two weeks. I saw Stonehenge, went to the top of the Eiffel towel and mastered the art of the London tube.
What are 3 interesting facts about you?
- I just recently moved to Sioux City from Eugene, Oregon. Go Ducks!
- I have been teaching my dog tricks in sign language
- I am in the process of turning my property into a homestead. Chicken coop, vegetable garden, canning room…the whole shebang!