By: Silvia Rabanales and Molly Scherle, Job Center Representatives
Preparing for any interview can be a little stressful and confusing. Most companies have started doing phone and virtually interviews, but don’t worry we have a couple of tips on do’s and don’ts for phone/virtual calls.
- Be prepared with your resume at hand, this way you can look over details regarding your skills and job history.
- For virtual calls make sure you have a clean, clutter free surrounding with natural lighting.
- With virtual calls make sure you are wearing appropriate attire.
- If you must call-in for the interview, make sure you are prepared with the name of the interviewer to get directed to the correct person.
- Look over common interview questions, you can do so on by searching this on the internet. This will help you better prepare.
- Look up information about employer to be well prepared.
- Do make sure you have a good cell phone connection and make sure device needed is charged.
- Don’t be in a cluttered room with background noise.
- Don’t be late on calls or virtual calls.
- Don’t chew gum or candy.
- Don’t sit in a public place that has a busy background.
- Don’t use a silly username.