Goodwill has implemented new safety procedures to minimize contact between employees and donors. This simple self-serve process lets donors place items in bins outside the donation door for a contactless donation.
Goodwill’s contactless donation drop off guidelines:
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11am to 7pm and Sunday 10am to 6pm (Closed Memorial Day)
- Please pre-sort items. All clothing can be placed together in a box or bag and all other household items can be grouped together.
- One person at a time. Please be patient as you may need to wait in line.
- You unload donations yourself. Place your pre-sorted items in each bin, either “Clothing Donations” or all other items will go in “Wares Donations”.
- If you need a receipt, ask the donation attendant at time of donation.
- Please practice social distancing at all times.
Thank you for your continued support to Goodwill!
We will be reopening at 11 am on Saturday, May 16th with temporary hours Monday – Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm & Sundays from 10 am to 6 pm.
- We will limit the number of guests shopping in our stores based on store size. Please be patient if you are asked to wait outside the store so we may follow social distancing guidelines.
- Our team will be wearing face coverings to protect you and we encourage that you wear one to protect those around you as well.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be increased to help protect you.
- You can help further protect one another by social distancing while you shop.
- Donors can safely drop off their items by placing items in bins outside the donation door.
- As we expect with our team members, please refrain from visiting Goodwill if you are not feeling well.
Thank you for helping us support the mission of Goodwill while we work to provide a safe shopping and donation experience!
UPDATE: Stores will be reopening May 16, 2020.
As always, Goodwill of the Great Plains is committed to the health and safety of our donors, shoppers, employees and program participants. These are unprecedented times; a time of great uncertainty for all of us and a new situation for local Goodwill organizations across the United States and Canada as well.
At this time, it has become necessary to announce that:
Out of an abundance of caution and keeping in mind Goodwill’s unwavering commitment to the health and well-being of our employees, donors, shoppers, program participants and community, we are voluntarily closing our retail stores and job centers temporarily, effective March 26th at 7 pm, and plan to reopen on April 27th. If COVID-19 conditions improve before then, we will open sooner. We will continue to monitor the situation and seek guidance from local health departments on an ongoing basis and update the community on any revisions to this timeline.
We regret that Goodwill’s closures will further impact the lives of people who are already feeling concerned for their health, finances and well-being. This has been a difficult decision, but we are doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety of our team members during this unprecedented time.
We are all in this together. At a safe and appropriate time, we will resume our normal activities and work together to rebuild stronger, more resilient communities. We’ll share more information on when we will resume operations on our website www.goodwillgreatplains.org and social media channels. We ask for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and healthy.
Goodwill of the Great Plains
Thank you for your continued support of your local Goodwill.
We are aware of the global situation concerning the Coronavirus, we are taking additional cleaning action to ensure you have a positive shopping experience year-round.
Your health and safety is our top priority.
- Goodwill of the Great Plains is committed to the health and safety of our donors, customers, and program participants.
- We are closely monitoring recommendations from health officials to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
- Employees are staying home if they are sick. We take the health and safety seriously and we care about reducing the spread of illness.
- We continue to follow hygiene precautions, such as regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol and covering our noses and mouths when coughing and sneezing. These are health guidelines that we follow every day.
- Donors and shoppers can and should continue to donate to and shop at Goodwill stores, which fund Goodwill’s employment and training programs to help people find jobs.
- Goodwill will work with local health authorities to reduce the spread of potential illness, if needed. Store hours have been changed to Monday-Saturday from 11am to 7pm and Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Any additional updates will be posted on our website and/or our Facebook page.