Are you looking to perfect your resume? Resumes are a great way to get your potential employer’s attention. They are a way to communicate your qualifications, experiences, and what makes you different. Your resume should stand out among all the other applicants. Hiring managers and recruiters look at resumes for an average of six to seven seconds, so you want to make a strong resume. Here are some ways you can stand out against the other candidates.
- Keep your resume short and direct.
- Make sure your resume has an original, but readable, template.
- Highlight your skills and experiences.
- Make a career snapshot.
- Use emphasizing words.
- Think deeper than just your basic job duties/title.
- Use correct grammar and punctuation.
- List your professional social media profiles.
- Double check for errors.
Once you have your resume written and edited, tailor it to the employer you are sending it to. Modify your objective to fit with the position you are applying for. Own your resume. Your resume is your selling point. It is a place to show the hiring manager your worth and what you are capable of, so be confident with yourself. Your resume is the employer’s initial impression of you. Make a statement and make it stick.